Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Textures anyone?

Once again I'm doing the charitable thing, even though like no one goes on here from class (for shame) Im submitting to you guys the bump and eye texture. the bump because you guys can use the color brush in photoshop and colorize it for a skin texture (I'm basically giving you guys a starting point) and the eye texture cause well who couldn't use a good eye texture right?

Bump:
(which had to be compressed significantly for upload, it originally was 48mb)


eye:


Enjoy! :)

5 comments:

Earguy said...

That is one bloody eye!

Never run into problems with those clear edges on the bump map, you just make sure your UVs are well within? Is this the one for the hatter?

Unknown said...

Yep and due to modifications in photoshop the bump map does show some seam, however I'm currently painting that seam out in zbrush (god I love that program!) and yeah the eye is pretty cool eh? I'll upload the colormap soon, which has no seams what so ever (yay polypaint!)

Unknown said...

although I should say that the bump texture is hand painted, the very dark reagions are a quazi cavity map I made in zbrush and multiplied it by the bump map. When on the face it does what I guess the normal map would do, but in a weird turn of events using just a hi def bump map is actually quicker than using a normal map. Looks cleaner during deformation to. In Osipa's book, he talks about linking bump map multipliers to blendshapes (simulating brow wrinkles and crows feet) I'm thinking of using the tools zbrush gives me and do the same with displacement maps, maybe:)

Earguy said...

On deforming objects bump maps are bound to look better than normal maps as deformation requires the normals to be re-calculated.

Unknown said...

ah, that explains a lot actually :)

why would the normals be recalculated each frame for deformation though?