Friday, October 9, 2009

Hatter Turn Table



Just a test to see how the skin shader works out in motion. Need to adjust it a little bit. but overall I'm happy with it. The hands need some attention from me, but right now I'm doing a simple rig. The model is actually pretty low res, and because of the beauty of subdivision, I'm allowed to up the detail without loosing my control. the entire head and body are on one UV map. Its easier to detail that way, and normal maps are created smoother. I have a base idea of what he will say, I'm not posting that yet, cause its very rough.

Image still of turn table:

2 comments:

Earguy said...

Surely a great turntable. Nice translucency on the ear.

On second look: you may have overdone it a bit, with the nose also shining through, as if here is no bone in it. Adding a skull would fix that :)

He seems a bit "waxy" though. Are you using textures for blood layers etc? And specular maps? His color seems a too even, even a bit more low res noise may help.

Unknown said...

right now I using the base color for the Subdermal layer. I'll texture that soon. as well as do a spec map. Both these will make it more skin like. The bump is being worked on now. From what I read the MiSSS_Fast_Skin requires a bump map to look realistic otherwise it comes out waxy. Some thing I never really noticed untill his smooth body.

As for the back scatter, I'm currently doing a map for it. so that it only hits the nostrils and ears as well as the hands the rest will be turned down a bit.