Monday, November 2, 2009

WTF?

the New head:

new head (347 KB)

Now fixed

as some of you might know I had some problems with SSS on my updated head model. now its gotten really interesting:



Take a look at that picture, the shader is exactly the same on both. Both being lit by one directional light. Both side by side. And Only ONE has SSS working. I tried other models and the SSS works. So Its not the SSS, its the model. I'm really curious to know what is going on with that model.

It gets better:



Thats the file on the blog to the left. Hatter on the right. And pretty boy in the center....
Fixed:



Now how did I do that? I didn't, Zbrush did. Figuring that Zbrush is god and that it was angry at the fact that I didn't use it for this head, I humbled myself before it and imported it in and then exported it. And you know what? It worked! The Zbrush gods be praised! It fixed my model and now I'm happy. There is nothing that program cant do. And for those who say animation, zbrush 4 is going to have a preliminary rigging system based on the spherical rigging approach it now implements. this will be exportable to maya. yay.

2 comments:

Earguy said...

Who's That Face?

Would be interesting though if somehow was revealed what Zbrush did to fix the model!

And why did you not mention it was your friend blender that messed the mesh up in the first place?

Unknown said...

What? How dare you?! haha no, I guess it definitely did the problems arose after UVing it in Blender. I can't for the life of me understand why. All I know is Zbrush fixed it with is magic and now I'm back on track.