Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sleasel, Boned - in greater detail

















I made a couple of edits since these were taken, but this will give you a general idea of how he's laid out.

The first bone in the neck and shoulder chains seemed fused together and could not move independently. Since these photos were taken, I shortened the first neck bone up from the breast bone, and added another neck bone to lend more flexibility in the neck.

I've also added a short collar bone between his breast bone and shoulder so I can lift/drop/roll his shoulders and get slightly more realistic arm motion. I'm trying to decide if these motions should be FK or IK. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Earguy said...

Thanx for posting this!

Arms and legs are usually IK. Any bone, exuse me: joint that moves on its own (singe bone chain) is better controlled with FK. And the fingers... well... :)

Did I point out that it is also possible to blend between IK and FK?

Jennifer D. Cram said...

No way! That might be perfect for what I need! I want it to move realistically and effortlessly, but I also need to be able to tell it to bring the shoulders up for a shrug or wincing gesture every so often as I need it...

Earguy said...

Shoulders I would keep FK as they are a single bone chain.