Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Final Project

Hey guys, I'm doing a 3D animation for my senior project, so I figured I'd use images from it for my final project in 360.


My idea is personal to me and I hope that adds to my animation. I have always loved dancing, and even minor in it at school. My modern teacher used to have us do an activity called prop studies, where we would bring in any random, mundane object of our choosing and choreograph a dance around it. The goal would be to find a different way to use or interpret the object than what it was actually used for.

From this idea, I created a story about a dancer who shows up to her dance class only to find out it's cancelled. Not knowing what to do and no ride back any time soon, she goes in the dance studio, sitting around hopelessly bored. She find a bag on the ground and starts to aimlessly play with it. Before you know it, she is up dancing around on the floor with this bag, lost in her own little reality until the car horn beeps and it is time to leave.

I'm almost done modeling the studio, which is based off my old dance studio, but not an exact replica. If I am not able to have my dancer modeled and fully rigged before the end of the semester, I will put in the Andy rig to simulate the dancer for the 6 images.



2 comments:

Al said...

Wow, that's looking pretty well! I can't wait to see the model on the scene. Are you gonna do anything interesting lighting for the animation, to make it look more dramatic?

KristaRuschmann said...

Thanks! And yes, in terms of lighting I really want the sunlight shining through the windows to have a big effect on the mood of the scene. I'm using Tangled as my inspiration, like in this
Picture