Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fun with Kitchens!





So I did some stuff with the kitchen. Of course I started playing with edges. I tried using the node editor for every surface. Trying to get inspiration for how to render my final project. I also used a tutorial to make a fancy floor (nothing fancy technically speaking).








The rendering took an unreasonable amount of time. The second above took about 2.5 hours.

O_o.

I think it was the amount of shaders I had. I'm not really sure. I need to figure a way around that. I'll see if I can do some less intensive renders for later, but alas, my midterm is draws ever closer....so why am I still here?

2 comments:

Earguy said...

Hmm, someone needs more assignments ;)
Would like to know what you did to make it render so slow: volumetrics? 35 pass anti-aliasing? Global Illumination? Ridiculous amount of inter reflections?
Hate to say it, but it does not really show... Like the warm colored one though.

AnnaConda said...

Thats right Drew, be an art student!! We procrastinate art by doing...art. O.o I remember that crazy render. (at least one of them). ANYWHO...

I'm REALLY digging the one with the sunset. The warm tones of the kitchen really bring it out. It is also interesting to see the different shaders at work. That spot right there on the table is blinding me though. Haha, but I suppose it was just one of the experimental test runs?

That floor on one of the top photos is really bugging me though. Please turn it off. Mewph, you have such skills. >.< I need to get my rear in gear.