Monday, November 8, 2010

Death of an Illustrator

This post has nothing to do with Animation and much less with 3D, but since our program is an Animation and Illustration program, I wanted to share this sad news with you all.



One of the most talented illustrators from my home country, Peter Vos, passed away over the weekend. I have had the pleasure of meeting him, through his son Sander Vos (who has become one of the top film editors in The Netherlands). I think most Dutch people from my generation cherish the memory of children's books he illustrated and his great "Beesten Kwartet", which is probably pretty untranslatable. Rest in Peace!



Since you are probably not familiar with his great body of work, often depicting animals and with a preference for birds withing the animal kingdom, I am posting some images with this that I found on the Internet. I am happy to own the book "Peter Vos, Tekenaar", and will probably browse through it once more tonight.



No comments: